It’s September 1st. The start of school at Hogwarts and my last official post in my year of blogging every day. It’s been a long year and a short year and nothing seems to have changed but nothing stayed the same. Since I started this project, I have lost 41 pounds, baked dozens of cupcakes, tried new foods, joined a book club. made new friends, run two 5ks and started training for a half-marathon. been out dancing so late it reminded me of college, been to concerts and movies and read several dozen books, I’ve been on dates (the good, the bad, and the weird) and been on trips and spent tons of time with family and friends.
There is a lot coming up in the next few months. I’m going to take a little bit of a blogging break and think about where I’d like to go with the blog from here, including a possible move to WordPress, and I actually think that after writing here everynight for a year I’m going to miss this. So goodnight.
Lately I’ve sort of gain and losing the same pound or so over and over again. I hadn’t really made any progress since around mid-July. But I was really careful this week (though I still managed TF’s with BFFMandy and a pizzeria date) and I finally kicked the last few pounds to reach a forty pound loss. I could not be more stoked. My next mini-goal is approximately 6 pounds which will put me at right around 20% of my starting weight.
It seems fitting to write about a concert as a wind down my year of blogging. It was about a year ago that I blogged about the Jack Johnson show. That seems like it was ages ago and only a few weeks ago at the same time; it’s funny how that happens. Anyway, my friends Harkiran, Hannah, Shana, Bethany, and I went to see Matt Nathanson, Maroon 5, and Train at the Tampa Amphitheater (still not calling it the 1-800-Ask-Gary Amphitheater). I do plan to come back an post picture, but it’s exceedingly late and my computer is being ridiculous about recognizing my iphone. So let’s just have the highlights shall we?
- Matt Nathanson called 1-800-Ask-Gary; the recorded message indicated we were out of the service area.
- People trying to do the Awkward clap during Faster
- Maroon 5 opened with Moves Like Jagger; said Tampa is better than West Palm and called it sticky sweaty hot.
-Adam Levine. Just Adam in Jeans and a white tank top….so hot.
- Sing-a-long to This Love
- Girl With the Broken Smile. AMAZING!
- Train was Train. The Lead singer of Train (who I will henceforth refer to as Crazy Hair because I can’t remember his name) looked like he was wearing a members only jacket…
- Crazy Hair tweeted a picture of the crowd holding up their phones like lighters.
- Save Me San Francisco was fun; “I’ve been high, I’ve been low, I’ve been yes, and I’ve be oh hell no…”. This is probably my favorite Train song.
- To “ward off the rain” Train covered Rihanna’s Umbrella, it was actually quite good.
- Some girl got proposed to during Marry Me. Crazy Hair proclaimed Train married to Tampa.
- Hey Soul Sister and Drops of Jupiter were clear the favorite songs of their set.
It’s been a long time since I was this happy about it being Monday. BFFMandy and I had an excellent evening; pedicure, homemade enchiladas, Golden Girls. Seriously pretty much the most relaxing evening ever.
I’m having one of those way to involved in a good book nights. This happens to me occasionally; I am currently reading The Weird Sisters and it is over all and excellent book (though not having a sister I have no comment on the portrayal of the sisterly relationship). I really wanted to finish it before the the library takes back their e-book and now I will be totally exhausted in the AM. On the plus side…new book tomorrow. Yes, I do read that much. Don’t judge me.
Today was pretty good. This evening was excellent. Smiles.
Holy Headache, Batman! And I’m on-call…Sad face…I really wanted to do some special posts as I wind down my year of blogging, but I don’t think that’s going to happen…
I fell asleep on the couch while I was reading. This is one of my favorite ways to drift off. Even when I was a child I would read at night to help prepare myself to go to sleep (now I also read early in the mornings to help myself wake up!). This sort of easy slide into sleeep always feels so relaxed and restful to me.
I know I wrote about being on Pinterest last week-ish. I just wanted to say as much as I enjoy it and I am always finding new and interesting things…this website is a serious time suck. Seriously, do not log on unless you have a good bit of time to play around with, otherwise you’ll look up and two
or four hours will have gone by while your were pinning and re-pinning.
Tijuana Flats with BFFMandy for dinner tonight. Good food, Good times. The week is halfway over tomorrow…