I can’t believe it’s 2013.
Seriously though, I feel like time is just flying by.
I had a whole week off between Christmas and New Year’s. I hung out with my family, read a few books, watched two seasons of Dr. Who, and ate waaaay more than I should have. But I’m back to work today; this is both good (because I actually totally miss my work friends when I’m away) and bad (because every day of my vacation I was up before 7:30AM and today I felt like I could sleep till noon…why is this?)
I’m thinking a lot about my resolutions for this year. I’ve actually been thinking about them but between family time and lots of driving between Orlando and Tampa over the weekend this is my first chance to write then all out.
First a review of 2012:
1. Eat in Season. I did this. Instead of just apples everyday all year I had cherries, grapes, oranges, strawberries, tomatoes, green beans. Lots of yummy fruits and veg this year. I totally plan on keeping this up in 2013.
2. Actually sell a Cupcake (or 12). You guys! I actually did this. I sold my first cake back around Mother’s Day and have had a few orders every month since then. It’s small and I’m mostly just breaking even, but I’m so happy about this!
3. Run a Half-Marathon.I’m calling this one half completed. My race isn’t officially until the 12th, but as part of my training I have already run the 13.1 mile distance.
4. Take my LCSW Exam. This one is checked off as well. I passed my exam over the summer and officially became an LCSW in September.
5. Reach my Goal Weight. Okay this one was an EPIC fail. Not only did I not reach my goal weight, but I had a major back slide. I’m really struggling with this…
6. Visit two new places. I did not go anywhere this year –anywhere new anyway-. This makes me sort of sad, but I have trips to Connecticut and California on the books in 2013 and I’ve never been to either of those places before.
And now my 2013 resolutions:
1. Run or Walk 1000 miles. I feel like this is really ambitious, but I’d like to try anyway.
2. Try something new. There are tons of things I’ve always wanted to do, but just haven’t gotten around to: sky-diving, white water rafting, kayaking, learning to play tennis.
3. Read 50 books. I set a goal in March of this year to read 100 books in 2012. That didn’t really happen, but I did read 36. In 2013, I’d love to up that to 50.
4. Reach my Goal Weight. I really struggled with this goal in 2012, between medical issues and work stress it just didn’t happen.
5. Finally catch up on Doctor Who and Downtown Abbey.
6. Get Business Cards for my baking company.
So these are my goals for 2013. Hope you all had a happy and safe new year.